soon-to-be

soon-to-be
soon-to-be organic girl (with not-so-excited-about-it son) ~Beth

Monday, June 13, 2011

Showered with Temptation

Days on WG30: 13

So I made it through weekend #2, and let me tell you, it was a test of will power!  Friday was an evening barrel race, with a cook shack of nothing but fried goodness and artificial treats.  Luckily I had a tasty spinach salad with carrots and cherry tomatoes before I left so I was content.  Saturday, my friend’s bridal shower which I co-hosted, while preparing pigs in a blanket and cream cheese dip I overcame the desire to taste “just one” like I usually do (no one was even around to call me out on it).  Coming prepared to the party (i.e. organic options for me to munch on and drink) I felt confident I’d achieve another feat.  And then the sangria came out…then the champagne punch …oh my!  Fortunately, I found a WineStyles not that far from the party in Bothell that carries organic wine! WOOOO HOOOO {I was excited in other words}.  So yes, party was a success (in all aspects). 
While I survived this weekend, I find myself not well-organized on meal planning.  I mean, it is Monday evening and I haven’t planned for the week yet.  I guess I should go do that now…

By the way, found another great place to eat organic; Grilla Bites.  I ate at the one in Snohomish and was very satisfied!  AND they use WGOF salad mix, go check them out! 

Thanks and chat soon!  ~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment