soon-to-be

soon-to-be
soon-to-be organic girl (with not-so-excited-about-it son) ~Beth

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One Day Until...

Well here we are, just one day from starting my organic adventure.  Coming off a long weekend (and tons of unhealthy decisions) I am ready to start on the healthy path of organics!  Since June 1st falls on a Wednesday, that only gives me 2 ½ days on WG30 until the weekend starts.  I am becoming aware that weekends are going to be another hurdle for me to clear.  My weekends are usually busy and away from home.  I am often at barrel races, sometimes Friday – Sunday!  If I’m not doing that all weekend I will join the boys in fishing or day road trips.  I really need to have my ducks in a row on this planning meals thing for both week days and weekends. 
I can’t be stuck in the middle of Puget Sound and have forgotten my WG salad mix with organic raspberry vinaigrette, while the boys eat bbq potato chips and hoagie roll sandwiches’ with licorice and beer for desert (licorice for son and beer for husband, just thought’s I’d clear that up).  Or what if I’m on my horse and getting ready to race on an empty stomach because I didn’t come prepared!  I don’t do well with no food (have you seen Mommy Dearest?)  Is it too late to renege on the whole WG30 thing?  I guess this is why I am blogging it, so I have to follow through and be accountable…plus I probably provide you with some comic relief with my sorry butt!  Chocolate time!  It is my calming down food you know.
As said before, I would love your thoughts, comments, hints, and recipes at any time!  Hope you had a wonderful, safe Memorial Day weekend.  Wish me luck tomorrow (and the following 29 days!) 

~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment