soon-to-be

soon-to-be
soon-to-be organic girl (with not-so-excited-about-it son) ~Beth

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How am I Going to do This?

Days until WG30 starts: 7
Here is what I have come up with so far…I am a bit nervous.  Don’t get me wrong, I am very excited for being a healthier me, but a little scared to go through a change.  I know there are those out there that live the organic lifestyle already and this is second nature to them, but it’s not to me…yet.  I guess this is where I need to start planning.  Hmmmm, where’s that chocolate, it’s’ my thinking food.  Besides, I only have 7 more days to eat it! 
Should I started by breaking it down week by week? Maybe that will help reduce the “scariness” of it all.  Okay then, first week: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, and 7 dinners, that’s all I have to do.  Wholly schnikies, that’s 21 meals, and that’s just 1/4th of it! 
Hey wait!  I do it anyway, just not necessarily planned out in a healthy manner (breakfast = mocha & cereal, lunch = salad or sandwich & chocolate, dinner = whatever I can make or grab with some nutritional value on the way out the door to my son’s sporting activity, oh yeah, and chocolate. 
Here’s the current day in the life of Beth:
6:30 a.m. – hit snooze because I just got to bed (see 3:00 a.m. entry)
7:20 – wake up frantically because I hear my son coming down the stairs and I should have had my stuff done already (shower, get ready, his lunch made, let dogs out and feed horses)
7:30 – 8:12 – get son breakfast ready, make his lunch (which is the 1 meal I take the most thought in, making sure he has a sandwich [99% of the time it’s a PB & J {organic or no sugar added jelly} on whole grain bread], drink [low sugar], veggie, fruit, dairy, and a napkin, not that he ever uses one!)
8:15 – his bus comes
9:00 – get to work (did I mention it’s the best job ever?)
J
2:00 – close the office up
2:30 - get home from work, grab a snack (typically unhealthy), and ride horse
3:55 – son gets home
4:00 – inside to do homework/start & eat dinner
5:00  - leave for son’s sporting event
7:15ish – home & son to bed (which awesome husband does)
8:00 9:30 – snack feverishly insensibly
9:32 – feel really guilty about eating so much crap food…won’t do it tomorrow! (but does)
11:00 – fall asleep on couch because if I wait 2 hours to fall asleep after I eat I won’t gain weight right?
3:00 a.m. – sheepishly crawl into bed so I don’t wake husband since he asked nicely (twice) to go to bed with him at 10
Repeat
I need to set myself up for success, so off I go to create 21 meals for next week!  Yowza!

~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment